Dance Artists (HNC / HND - Year 1)
This course is designed to develop students who have an aptitude for dance and introduce them to the skills required of a professional dance artist. A variety of dance forms and related subjects will be studied and, whilst the course is largely practical, there will be an appropriate theoretical input.
- Two Highers, one of which should be English, plus previous dance experience or NQ Dance with Communications 4/Higher English.
- Applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience.
- Entry will be subject to a practical audition and interview.
1 Year Full time August to June
- Anatomy and Injury Prevention for Dancers
- Body Conditioning
- Choreographic Skills
- Classical Ballet
- Contemporary Dance
- Dance History
- Dance: Performance and Production
- Jazz Dance
- Graded Unit 1
- Teaching Skills
- Work Experience
This course is designed to articulate to HND Dance Artists (Year 2) at Anniesland College.
Students may gain employment as dance teaching assistants in various community settings.
Pauline Walker T: 0141 357 6093
Tutor: Maxine Railton E: email@example.com